12 Signs of Spiritual Awakening
Take your own 12-point pulse, to see if any of these are happening to you. If so, your spirit may be coming awake – so, hold on! This ride of your life is about to get really interesting!
- An increased tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen.
- Frequent attacks of smiling.
- Feelings of being connected with others and nature.
- Frequent overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
- A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than on fears based on past experience.
- An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
- A loss of ability to worry.
- A loss of interest in conflict.
- A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.
- A loss of interest in judging others.
- A loss of interest in judging self.
- Gaining the ability to love without expecting anything in return.
This has been emailed to me so many times, it’s hard to know who originally noticed and documented these early signs. If you find the origin, would you let me know so proper credit can be given?
Some of these may come about because you’ve reached acceptance of what you can and can’t control in the world, in those around you, and even in yourself. Others of these may arise because you’re more caught up in the present instead of being trapped in the past or wandering in some imagined future. It may be that these items that mention loss won’t be much of a loss after all – since loss of things that keep us asleep, confused and deluded may not really be serving us.
I’m curious – which of these arose in you first?